Thursday, September 3, 2009

Letter Seventy-Nine (Return to the Willows)

Underneath the stars, a moon of full glow I return beneath the willows where this road first started off. The grass is wet but the road is dry I wondered if the grass has kept all my tears I have cried on those days here from the past. In a place of surrounding darkness it will always be great to be here where I can always have that single beam from the moon shinning down in my world of love. The willows are still perfect and beautiful and they all still have our name written down the path in a perfection of carving. It will always be in this place, where you can feel most safe from the dangers of life; it will always be this place that can embrace your tears so that your love for all of time will remain within. I remember walking out from the trees always looking back wondering if I should even leave in the first place. I just kept stopping and turning around with a warmth of the feeling that I wasn’t alone there; maybe I was alone yet maybe I was never alone in the first place or maybe I just felt alone because you never were right there beside me. Questions still plaque every part of my heart but still I never doubt the love we have shared for this searching to belong that has always driven us too deeply for one another. What I have waited to give to you all of my life still remains right here in this place of solitude. It is going to rain in a little while, there is no thunder heard, no lightning seen, and there is no clouds occupying the skies above but I know that it will still rain. It always rains here more than any other place on earth, here in this place it will always rain and it is the greatest touch of life that can fall from the sky. It’s warm and soft and when it covers me I get that feeling like I always do. That within us both there is something greater beyond our control that makes us complete. Here I am, here I will stay and here you will always find me; always waiting and always yours.

No comments: