Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Doubt

Things seem to be getting more and more...complicated today....and I don't know what to do.

As for audio blog thingys...I doubt I will be doing anymore...It seems to be a whole lot more trouble than it's worth.

People tell me they miss the "old darkness" and it really didn't make a lot of since to me at first. Then I thought it was the people a lot of the firt regulars don't come around much anymore. I don't really think that was it either. Or maybe it was a combination of things. I think a main reason why things have changed is because we've gotten so uptight about the rules. In the beginning there were only a few rules. But people kept taking more and more advantage of me and there were more and more complaints until things became like they are now. Sure we still have fun sometimes but not quite like we used to, correct? Like when we were a little more lax about the rules? Sometimes things are so uptight that I just have to leave for a while because it's too stifling for me the one who wrote the rules.

When I wrote the rules I really felt like most of them were needed but are they now?
But if I ease up on the rules a bit people will just take advantage even more. People often go way overboard with things.

I feel like changing a couple rules but I'm not all too sure about it. I don't really think I'm doing it for the right reasons. Not so much because of anyone in particular. I'm just so absolutely sick and tired of people fighting with me about the rules. I've always felt that most of the rules were simple etiquette for a public chat room. Maybe I'm just way too old fashioned... If I do change the rules now I don't think that it will be because that is really how I want my chat to be run but just to quell the arguments. Also it will look like I'm doing it because of one or two particular people. I don't really care what people think of me but I don't want anything to happen to them because of me. For now I will wait and see if I change my mind or not.

But is this even my chat anymore? I'm not so sure.
All I know for certain at this very moment is I'm tired, so very tired.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: